Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Apr 2010

Fourth Week

Well here I am into week 4. Things seem to be going OK and now have less pain. Very glad the weather is dry for those of you who have ever used crutches will know how slippery paving slabs can be!! Weekend was fantastic. It was my niece Leah's 2nd Birthday so off on the coach to Heathrow. My Sister very kindly picked us up and my Parents dropped us back so very little walking (hoping) to do. The party was great and it was great to see the family again. Couple of domestic issues have arisen. We have a lock up garage and just before the accident I lost all my keys (found them now) so had to go the agent to a new one cut. While I was there I told him I would be clearing it out in a couple of weeks! He has now found someone else who wants to use it so will now have to try and find a willing volunteer to come and help move some of the heavy items and bring them back home, if I can find space. The next is that our tenancy has expired and we are on to a Monthly contract. Would be good to move as the on street parking can be a nightmare. However given my current condition I cannot see me being able to do that kind a work for a while yet so looks like we will try a sign at least a new 12 month contract.  My Wife Fiona still finds it hard to leave me on my own. She worries I will fall down the stairs or something. So next milestone is the hospital visit in May which hopefully will mean I will be able to walk again

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production