Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

16 Apr 2010

No Vapour Trails

Well what every terrorist group throughout the world has only dreamed of doing, nature has none. The volcano has grounded all jet flights in the UK and most of Europe. We do not get many aircraft over us here but what I do notice is the lack of vapour trails. It is not unusual to see at least 10 which I assume are aircraft heading to the US. Anyway sat in the 'shack' listening to the hot air balloons making their way from Bath. People have been saying their cars are covered with ash but our car has been covered in dust since last week so doubt if it that. The next event that nature has for us is due in 2012 when the sun will be at it's maximum. This has the power to destroy electronic equipment and satellites. The last time the sun was very active was in the 1980's when of course there was not as much electronic communications. This, as a radio amateur made it possible to chat to people in the US with very simple equipment. It will be very interesting to see what happens.
Update on the ankle is that it seems to have settled down and the pain is very low. Have an appointment with the company Doctor next week. I think it is to make sure I am not 'swinging the lead'! Anyway will be interesting to see if they let me do 'light duties'.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production