Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 May 2010

Thank you

Now I am back at work I think it appropriate that I thank all those who have help me over the last few months.
Thank you to the gentleman who stopped and helped and called the ambulance, you were calm. I hope I will do the same if faced with a similar situation. Thank you to the Paramedics who attended the accident scene. Your 'roadside manner' put me at ease, relived my pain,made me laugh and even gave me the chance to ring my Wife.You are a credit to the Great Western Ambulance service. To all the staff at the RUH,  the A & E staff. I do not remember much about you. Given you had to reduce the fracture that is properly a good thing. However I do remember staying the night with you as there were no beds available due the a virus. You kept me informed and ensured I was comfortable until I was moved to the ward. To the staff on the ward. You looked after me so well. You made me laugh, made me cry and made be better. To have to rely on someone for all your needs can be very embarrassing, but you treated with me with respect. I include all the staff in this, the cleaners, the Nurses (night and day), the ancillary staff, the The friends of the ruh.co.uk it was great to see a smiling face holding a cup of tea. To the surgeons. What can I say. Your skill has made it possible for me to resume almost normal life in under eight weeks. To the gentleman who looked after my bike for me in his garage. To all the people who have helped me, friends and strangers, even the little things make a difference. To all those people who have prayed for me. I am convinced that God spoke to me at the time of the accident and told me not to worry as he would look after me, given how surprised everyone is at how quickly I have recovered, it looks like he did. If I have left someone out I am truly sorry, but trust me you have all made your mark on my life.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production