Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

4 May 2010

Unexpected result

Hospital visit today. Took a while as there was a back log in the plaster room. Finally got called. First visit was the plaster room. Using a small circular saw, which I was assured would only cut plaster, the plaster was removed. It was nice to see my leg and foot again. Bit of a mess with dry, loose skin but otherwise looked good. Then off to X-ray with a 'don't put any weight on it until you have seen the doctor'. After x-ray, back to the waiting room. Didn't have to wait long. The doctor was very pleased with the x-ray and impressed how things had healed. he then said something very unexpected. I can start putting weight on it, building up slowly. I can have a go at driving at the end of the week. That was amazing in it's self. I then asked about a plaster or brace. I was told they were not necessary!! Only problem was that I had not brought a sock or shoe!! A nurse however provided a elasticated bandage for the trip home. So result so far is. I have walked up the garden without crutches. made a cup of tea and carried it from kitchen into the lounge. Shoes are still a problem so having to wear sandals with socks on (sorry)! Tomorrow will continue to do little walks. Also make trip to Paulton hospital. This is for Physiotherapy and being only a mile away is ideal. So all in all a fantastic day. Will keep updating as things progress.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production